Thursday, December 1, 2011

With Sprinkles on Top

Oh sweet baby ~

I can't believe it has been six months already. Holidays, birthdays and of course the six month mark all seem to be the tough days to get through. So I wasn't quite sure what to expect of today ~ but all I felt was peace ~ no anxiety or sadness. It felt similar to the day you were born. So incredibly peaceful. Carys' mom remarked how she hoped we would  touch heaven the day you were born. I have to admit, I was sort of confused with what she said. How could we touch Heaven?  She said the feeling was unbelievable and truly an experience we wouldn't mistake. She was so rooted in her faith that I knew I couldn't question it, just be open to what was about to come.

I figured out pretty quick what she was talking about. I have never experienced such an overwhelming sense of peace and tranquility as we welcomed you, a tiny, perfectly formed child of God into the world . I believe part of our comfort that day was to experience just a portion of what was in store for you when you were welcomed Home. Your dad and I weren't the only ones who felt it. Complete strangers talked about the peaceful atmosphere surrounding our room. It was undeniable. Today was no different.

I thought tonight we should have birthday pancakes to celebrate your six month, heavenly birthday. Pancakes, special peanut butter, sprinkles, chocolate chips and candles. Your brother was so excited to celebrate and blow out the candles, but I think you already know that.  Happy six months sweet baby, happy heavenly birthday to you.


2 comments:

Keri Kitchen said...

Happy half-birthday baby boy!

I'm so thankful you got to touch Heaven too :) I can't imagine going through this without that peace.

(Palmer, you've got a wonderful, wonderful mommy!!)

~Carys' Mommy ;-)

Andrea said...

Happy half-birthday Palmer!

We miss you.